Assyrian army

Assyrian army

Monday 3 October 2022

Devils in skirts

I've finished this unit so it can be fielded in two different formats. Here it is basically ordered as three separate units - perhaps three companies in a battalion, or three battalions in a regiment, or three regiments in a brigade! The officer in the kilt then acts as the senior officer.

And here the extra command groups have gone to give a 24 figure unit with one command group.

So I have a total of four officers and three pipers.

As for the other ranks... those tartans and stockings are enough to make me never do a Scottish unit again! The 42mm Scots are much easier!

 So that leaves me with one lancer squadron to finish this 'army'. I doubt that I will do a version of this army based on elements - I'll leave that to 20mm.

2 comments:

  1. Well done! Tartan! Know what you mean. Can never forget the carry on regiment, and now I am into Dark Ages Vikings and saxons, keep getting visions of Noggin of the Nogs!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Have you seen David Wood's Noggin the Nog figures at The Little Toy Soldier Company?
      https://thelittlesoldiercompany.co.uk/ Keep thinking about getting Steven some of them...

      Delete