Assyrian army

Assyrian army

Wednesday 5 October 2022

French battalion finished

Should be enough of the single based French line colonial infantry for pulp uses.

Figures are a mix of Rose infantry with Jacklex officer and standard bearer. Flag just a basic paper tricolour from the internet - download flag, copy, reverse copy, put them together so that I finish up with both sides. Again, nothing fancy on this lot, just basic wargames standard. Future figures will be for the element based army.

 

4 comments:

  1. These look very good. You can't go wrong with red trousers!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. For me, it's the 'look' of the thing. Anybody can wear all khaki, all dark blue suits British marines and German (so will some of these as well), but looking for 'National characteristics', even if anachronistic or not quite right - Brits red tunics, French blue tunics and red trousers, Germans blue tunics and white trousers - ant ACW Union figures in blue/red can also pretend to br Peruvians!

      Delete
    2. Rob -
      My attitude, too. My own 'late 19th century-ish' armies are brazenly colour coded, many of my Izumrud-Zeleniyan (GREEN) army sport white jackets, rather than green. They have green trousers instead. I've always liked the Airfix FFL figures, and mounted officer - especially his mount - is very handsome.

      I have noticed recently a problem of brittleness among my own FFL figures (which form part of my ACW Union army, actually). They don't seem to like being glued back together. Have you experienced anything of that sort?
      Cheers,
      Ion

      Delete
    3. Some have gone brittle, mainly shown by exposed parts such as guns disintergrating.

      Delete