Assyrian army

Assyrian army

Tuesday 18 October 2022

Somewhere in China

 Setting up for action...

Cleared an 8' section of my table and set everything up. It should be useful for more than one type of scenario, even 20mm though the fences will look a bit big. Must put some of the trees on bigger bases - they keep falling over!

 
My 28mm Boxers are down to see their first action. They've heard about a fort set up by the White Devils and felt they had to pay them a visit.

Between the Boxers and the British is my newly made village plus a temple and large protective idol.Of course, the British fort is behind the idol, which is probably why it didn't work. I really must source some decent Chinese civilians. I'm assuming not all of China consists of paddy fields. This is part of China that looks a lot like the terrain I've actually got.

Meanwhile a British cavalry patrol approaches the bridge, on it's way to check on the locals. Bridge was made for a completly different scenario!

The fort is held by 2 companies of Highlanders, one guarding the walls, the other on parade.

A view from the British side of the river. The trees in the orchard seem to have been replanted. Quite mysterious really. I read on the internet that, in China, houses should ideally face South. These houses all face South, but I really should turn the temple before I do anything else - at the moment it faces West.

4 comments:

  1. The table looks great Rob. Is the temple home made or from a commercial source?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. From ebay. https://easterngarrison.blogspot.com/2022/10/couple-of-chinese-buildings.html

      Delete
  2. A very pretty table Rob…

    All the best. Aly

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you. I have to admit, it is rather pleasing.

      Delete