Assyrian army

Assyrian army

Saturday 8 October 2022

Jacklex sailors


Having lots of ships I need lots of sailors. Didn't have many 20mm sailors so bought two lots from Jacklex.

They wear Sennit hats so not as realistic they could be... but I'm not going to worry about that.

Two 'mistakes' I've made - probably shouldn't have painted the bases grey and should have just left them with their original bases instead of putting them on new bases.
The second batch have been undercoated ready for painting. This should give me enough figures for the 20mm 'at sea' contingent.

 My view of the figures? Like them - totally compatible with Rose 20mm and look good.

4 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. Jacklex certainly solve the late Victorian historical side, still light on horror/fantasy though.

      Delete
  2. Nice looking matelots there Rob! As it happens, Sennet hat wearing sailors featured in our Sudan colonial extravaganza today - amongst all the other usual suspects! Mine are 25mm Old Glory though.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've also got a small 'Naval Brigade' ready for posting today - then some Arabs and waiting for the release of the Chinese. Jacklex are getting quite a bit of attention from me at the moment!

      Delete