Assyrian army

Assyrian army

Wednesday 13 May 2020

42mm British army Review.

Having produced a lot more on this project than I ever expected, it does seem to be a good time to do a Review of the currently biggest army...
In order to get everything in I had to push the army further and further back on the table!

28mm buildings don't look too out of place size wise. Well, the bigger ones anyway!

Looking down the army from the right flank. Got more infantry than I'll ever use in one battle, could do with some field guns... this picture is a slightly different setup to the first two - I hadn't added the lancers at this point and the guns are separated.
If I've got any sense I'll leave the British for now, get the Russians sorted and perhaps a few more French. And Prussians.

Disclaimer:
I don't have any sense.

15 comments:

  1. A fine looking force. The building s look great and I like that they're unpainted it adds something to the overall look of the table.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Limited painting was a happy accident - originally done for 28mm Lovecraft games, bought the mdf buildings and decided that the plain brown of the mdf was better overall than painting buildings. As a result, most of my 28mm buildings have limited paintwork.

      Delete
  2. That's a very good looking army. I love pictures that feature armies/forces in such a manner, thanks for sharing it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. To be honest, setting them up like this is one of my favourite parts. I don't get round to doing it often enough.

      Delete
  3. A fine army! The 28mm buildings go well with the figures. Over the years I havedecided that buildings are much better under scale...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Agree with that underscale idea, though main reason is that I have a lot of 28mm buildings and no 42mm buildings!

      Delete
  4. Fantastic photos Rob. Love all the fine details too, like the lamp-posts!
    Do you have any close shots of the big guns?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. he artillery appear here: https://easterngarrison.blogspot.com/2018/05/1897-artillery-grand-battery.html All the individidual units have their own posts.

      Delete
  5. Fantastic parade, a lovely collection,can’t wait for the battle...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Need more French. Or Russians. Or Germans. Mental breakdown coming...

      Delete
  6. Looking good indeed. Buildings to scale with individual figures are always too big for the ground scale (even if only implied by ranges and unit sizes) but if to scale with the ground scale they look silly with the figures. These are a good compomise that look good both ways.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Agreed. The only thing that sometimes jars with me is the fact that doors sometimes look a bit silly.

      Delete
  7. THe army is looking very smart indeed.

    Feel free to drop by my blog when you ave a moment: http://battlesandcampaigns.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete