Assyrian army

Assyrian army

Wednesday 6 May 2020

A (very) basic 20mm Japanese artillery park

Many years ago I had loads of Airfix and Matchbox WW2 Japanese infantry. By many years, this little collection started in the mid 60s. Anyway, at some point I started producing artillery on a semi-mass production scale (I think originally based on an Airfix Magazine article). Wheels could be an issue, but ones like the 70mm battalion gun Type 92 simply used spare Tiger/Panther road wheels drilled out - and I simply expanded this to other guns...

Some of these guns 'survived' and I've finally got round to doing something with them. To be fair, I haven't done much with them!
I've assumed they won't all be used at once so only did three crews.

37mm infantry gun and 70mm battalion gun using Tiger wheels - didn't bother drilling out holes on the wheels, just painted them on.

Two 75mm infantry guns, one with Tiger wheels the other with the more normal spoked wheels. These days, of course, I would cast spoked wheels myself - the Rose Napoleonic limber wheels would probably do.

Crew are very crudely done - one isn't even Japanese, he's a British colonial figure. I painted them with Vallejo Japanese Unif. WWII - don't think this is really right, seems too light and too yellow.
At some stage I fully intend getting metal figures and guns for the Japanese. Meanwhile, I'll probably continue going through my old figures as well.




No comments:

Post a Comment