Assyrian army

Assyrian army

Sunday 24 May 2020

Revisiting some past conversions

This is going of be one of my '2 posts a day' times. May even be 3.

It certainly seems that my attention has been drawn back to the Garrison Egyptian and Assyrian armies, especially the Egyptians. Here I'm looking at a load of those 2014-curtailed conversions, including some of my earliest 'limited production' conversion attempts.
Originally Garrison only did 2 spear armed Egyptian figures. My original target was therefore to try and add archers, Libyans... well, everything else really. So this eclectic mix showes some of my earliest efforts.

Libyan chariot, scratch built with Airfix horses and wheels from ?. The infantry were conversions based on the Nubian spearman. No features on the faces because they were converted and cast   from masters made from  poorish Tiranti moulds - and the conversions also made from poorish Tiranti moulds. So the details have been lost. Cloaks are basically plasticene.

So my first figures, including archers, were all based on the Nubian spearmen. The Libyan spearmen designs I liked!

More archers - this style was not pursued further as I developed my 'universal' archer. The light cavalry were likewise 'replaced' by another figure. Leaving those spear armed figures...

Not my favourite figures. They tend to make me cringe when I look at them. Using the heads of the Rose Peleset and converted Garrison 'Medes' I should be able to do a lot better today.
So that's one set of conversions for me to look at. We're talking half a dozen new figures to redo from scratch...

No comments:

Post a Comment