Assyrian army

Assyrian army

Friday 29 May 2020

Some Bactrian cavalry

Based on PEC4, Cavalryman with spear and shield, bow in case. I did three conversions of this figure - one javelin/bow, one javelin only and one bow only.  Waiting for the new moulds to arrive from Pete Brown I cast a few of the figures from a Tiranti mould that I had them on - then quickly painted a mix of these for use with my early Achaemenids as Bactrian light cavalry.
Very Old School - basic paint job with the 70s dot-inside-a-dot pattern on the tunics. I don't bother putting fancy designs on the trousers - have done, but found it wasn't really worth the effort.

For some unknown reason (first Ancients unit painted for a while? Forgot?) I didn't give this lot an officer and standard bearer! Easily rectified at a later date.

Bright and cheerful, should fit in well with the rest of them.
The new mould only has two of these figure on it - the horse archer and the javelin cavalry figure. The intention is that these will supplement/replace some of the cavalry in my late Achaemenid army - initial intention is 1 unit of horse archers, 3 with javelins. If I do feel the need for double armed cavalry could simply just mix the two troop types in a unit.

2 comments:

  1. Classic figures... in a classic style...

    All the best. Aly

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Think that probably sums me up! Love the figures I see on your blog, different sort of tradition - these are nice 70s wargames figures that I wish Greenwood and Ball had produced - I'm just trying to catch up with my youth...

      Delete