Assyrian army

Assyrian army

Sunday 24 May 2020

And the last part... the Egyptians

This one is more a case of the Egyptians that are considered 'right'. This means the chariots, archers and light cavalry. What I haven't included here are the later 'Saitic' infantry and cavalry conversions. The Egyptians I'm looking at here are earlier - New Kingdom or so - that 'ended' in 2014 rather than coming to the fore in 2017!
This lot were doing quite nicely apart from my unfortunate experiments with the dip. I spent ages trying to get the Rose chariot to work... still takes a while to get them but finally succeeded. Everything stopped while I was still building up the chariot force - I have another 3 finished but without crews. So that needs doing - the number I've got crewed at the moment won't be enough for a decent army.

Having said that Harry's purchase stopped everything - not completely true. This lot are conversions made by me, sold to Harry, then returned painted when I bought his collection.

The figure was a follow up/production version of the one in my last post and designed as a generic horse archer - there are actually two versions. I also wanted to use ones without the plume as Parthians - I've got a unit I'm trying to paint now - but so far I haven't got that aspect sorted yet.

This is the universal archer that likewise replaced the archers in my last post. It gives an indication of how useful and versatile this figure is. I honestly haven't the faintest idea how many of them I have spread over several armies.

These are the original Nubians... not a single conversion in the picture...
Which ends the day's linked trilogy - useful to get my thoughts in order like this and see what needs doing even if, a real possibility knowing me, I don't get to do it!




2 comments:

  1. Lovely to see these as always Rob - thanks for posting them up - there's nothing like laying the whole thing out to get an idea of where to go next is there!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well, it's got me looking at the old Tiranti moulds again.

      Delete