Assyrian army

Assyrian army

Wednesday 27 May 2020

Old mould figures (quickly) painted

I think it's pretty obvious I didn't take a lot of care with these, cut off sprue, undercoated, painted, varnished and on blog in the same day...

The best of the batch and probably useable! I've put it on an mdf base - the original mould base is 'open' and was in plasticene to keep the molten lead in.

No attempts made to touch up the paintwork which I think is obvious from this - I did (badly) overpaint original brown reins with black reins.
A strangely half cast figure... head and leg here....


Arm here... 

Motorcycle model smaller than the other - 30-35mm-ish?


Again virtually no detail. Just a quick paint job to see what it could look like.
There are a few other possible with the other moulds but they'll need more work to get anything out - might have a go sometime, meanwhile this was a nice, quick and interesting short project for the current situation.




6 comments:

  1. The hussar is a nice figure and I imagine it would look well with other 54mm figures

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Both figure and actual mould are a class apart from all the others in every way.

      Delete
  2. They are rather attractive, warts and all. From what I've seen, some of those old factory jobs were pretty basic, quick, and dirty.

    ReplyDelete
  3. There is a Homecasting group / page on Facebook - someone might recognise the maker? Some of my old moulds in my collection like this are equally worn.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My own guess is that the hussar and other figures are from two different manufacturers - although the style of the moulds are similar, the metal seems different and the hussar is virtually a flat whereas the others are rounds. To be honest, not sure that I want to know more about them... like the mystery? They're just... oddities..

      Delete