Assyrian army

Assyrian army

Monday 7 September 2020

Some Lamming Greek cavalry.

Another of the 'odd units'. Couldn't even find any photos of these.  They date back to about 1976-7?
Bill was one of the first (the first?) manufacturers to produce figures with a choice of separate heads. Of course, I gave all mine the same head.

I might have played a small part in that. The first figures with separate heads were in the Medieval Range. When I saw them I mentioned to Bill that the idea should work well with Greeks.... few months later they appeared. I like to think...

Main reason I didn't get a lot more Greek figures is simply because I was building up my Assyrians at the time as well as the Persons. Couldn't do everything!




4 comments:

  1. Those are beautiful helmets! I've never really taken to any of the few Lammings I've seen. Bit too stolid and chunky for my taste.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The figures match Bill to degree I've never seen in any other designer - very solid. He was exactly as you would imagine the old fashioned British copper - which Bill was until he retired.

      Delete
  2. He was a lovely bloke Bill Lamming. I never saw or used his ancient range but did like his renaissance ranges. The trouble was his horses with their stocky legs and were only useful as ancient Indian cavalry and simply because these gentleman liked fat horses.Yours look good Rob, well done.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Quite simply, they were about the nicest couple in the hobby.

      Delete