Assyrian army

Assyrian army

Monday 7 September 2020

Corps VIIC the Paracanians - the last unit!

Bactrians, Caspians and Paracanians formed Corps V, VI and VII of the cavalry. The Bactrians were armed with spear and bow, the other two just bows and also wore cloaks. The Bactrians and Caspians already had allocated units - though the Caspians don't have cloaks - leaving just the Paracanians.



 The unit is painted in my 70s style dots; possibly I'll do a couple more of these units but the later National Army types that form V and VI should be OK for now.

And that finishes Xerxes' Army. I'm currently having fun sorting out the battlefield for Plataea - trouble is, Grant seems to have used three different versions in his book! Also, when I initially cut some polystyrene sheet for hills and sprayed them the result was too dark - so started spraying with a diffeent green and the hills started dissolving! Getting there.

2 comments:

  1. What rules will you be using for Platea?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My own mish mash of DBX/WRG 4th plus own variations. Basically everything I've got is element based and I generally use DBA factors. However, I also treat elements as grouped into units - and on a given move every element in that unit is covered by one random factor, however split up the elements are. For morale, treat them as nits under WRG 4th. Ranged weapons I also allow distance fire, movement rates baseline infantry move is 6".

      Delete