Assyrian army

Assyrian army

Friday 25 September 2020

The Hypaspists

 Other things seem to have taken over recently so not getting as much sorting/basing done at the moment.

My own 70's army had a unit of Hypaspists in it but they seem to be scattered all over the place. Meanwhile there were three units I got from Harry to rebase.

Three lots of 24 adds up to a reasonable force.

Red is the colour I always use when I'm painting hypaspists or similar, so this is the unit I would use in a battle if I only had to choose one.

The shield patterns are quite simple - I did think about redoing them but decided against.

Must admit I like the blue tunics on these.


4 comments:

  1. A great flash back to my misspent youth ....nice troops, I too like the blues .

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Possibly because it's a bit different for Macedonians?

      Delete
  2. Well they bring back memories... Rob
    I had Some of these as part of my first ancients army...

    All the best

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My first Ancients armies were Airfix, but the Persians and Greeks/Macedonians were my first metal armies - including these.

      Delete