Assyrian army

Assyrian army

Thursday 3 September 2020

Corps XXVIII Mares and Colchians.

The Corps being nominally represented by the Mares, except I may later do a load more of the Corps XXVIII and XXIX figures at a later date - perhaps go for a more production orientated mould for these on my next mould order? - I keep getting more moulds made but I know I shouldn't!
So last infantry Corps nominally finished - though I reserve the right to continue to add more of the contingents within some of them. In this case, another unit to represent the Colchians.

Simple paint scheme to represent some bottom-level levies.

This is a figure with a very small shield - should be useful for Sassanid armies as well.

So in theory that is the whole of the infantry Corps finished. Next stage an infantry Review, then sort out the cavalry and marines... and then a review of the army left with Mardonius - I gather some of the marines, such as the Egyptians, were left behind with the army in Greece.

2 comments:

  1. I am intrigued how you will represent the marines Rob. I would like some for my Persian army and want to see what yours will look like.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm treating most of the ones in Greek dress as hoplites, including Cathaginian hoplites as Phoenician marines. Lycians are the only marines I've needed to do an actual conversion for - see https://easterngarrison.blogspot.com/search/label/Lycia for my conversions and the Minifigs version.

      Delete