Assyrian army

Assyrian army

Wednesday 9 September 2020

Working on rebasing the Thebans

 I have quite a few different Thebans, but intend using G17, the Theban hoplite with the archaic shield. I have two 48 figure units of these - one I painted, one I got from Harry but (until now) never got round to rebasing!

Incidentally, Blogger has gone over the new format and, when I try to add labels, comes up with 'include more letters to see label suggestions'... so I haven't managed to work out how to add all those labels I'd set up... Plus the list of Followers still hasn't come back! (At the moment I can still 'revert' back to the old system to put labels in - but soon won't be able to)

Probably only use half of these, but nice to see them all set out.
Re cavalry, the choice is light or medium... probably go for the mediums but still thinking about it.
This lot are ex-Harry. Strangely, got 48 of them, paperwork says there should be 24!

 

Nicely painted but the figure design doesn't lend itself to 20mm deep bases.


My own figures. Done as a single 48 figure unit.

 

Have to admit, prefer the painting on Harry's.

 Well, doing this was a slog. The new version of Blogger is not nice... did labels under old system, pictures under new. Hence the haphazard spacing!  Not really certain if blogging is viable under this version!

2 comments:

  1. These are first rate Rob. I like how Harry painted his chaps, very dramatic.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They are nice. Not sure if Harry painted them - none of the characteristucs to certainly identify them as his work and can't find a reference that says he did. Certainly stylish.

      Delete