Assyrian army

Assyrian army

Thursday 23 January 2020

British Grenadiers

As in 'normal service is resumed'.
Quite happy with these - reasonable old style glossy wargames standard.

I should have made the flag staff a bit longer - the flag is a bit too big. Or I could have reprinted the flag in a smaller size...

Hard to see, but at the time I painted these I only had one British officer - so I cheated and used a French figure as standard bearer.
Next, some British heavy cavalry on French horses - then, not sure. Was going to do some Highlanders but I might make the next unit French line infantry.




6 comments:

  1. A nice unit but I've become a bit attached to the 'advancing' pose with lowered bayonet recently as it somehow seems more 'retro'. Interested to see the British heavies but are there any Spanish?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Not much left in terms of cavalry and, as far as I know, Garrison never did Spanish - though sure some would convert to Spanish quite easily.

      Delete
  2. British Napoleonic Guardsmen with bearskins would be considered extremely heretical these days, Rob. Long live vintage Napoleonics, I say.
    Best regards
    WM

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Didn't say they were guards :) - just Grenadiers... Did think about using a couple of elements of these in each line battalion rather than as separate unit but thought it looked better having them as a separate unit. These days I go more for what I like rather than what is strictly accurate - and I don't really know enough of the details of the period to be totally right anyway!

      Delete
  3. Sometimes you're better off not knowing too much of the detail. Anyway, they had bearskins for parades at home and British fusiliers on campaign in bearskins used to be common on wargame tables!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Exactly. Plus, they're on the same mould as the ordinary line infantry, so every time I cast them I'm casting these, it would be such a waste to just junk them.

      Delete