Assyrian army

Assyrian army

Sunday 19 January 2020

French Lancers

Simply described in the catalogue as as a 'Light Horse Lancer', this figure was started at the same time as the Chasseur,  but I concentrated on getting the Chasseur finished first. Problem with it is the mass of braid across the chest...
Anyway, had to choose something, so nearest being a Gendarme Lancer I've loosely based the scheme on the figure on page 63 of Funcken.

Not exactly right but it'll do!

Overall, effect looks about right.
And I now have 2 French cavalry squadrons facing 1 British infantry battalion and 2 guns! Not the order I had originally intended to paint these!




4 comments:

  1. Crikey, Rob, they're coming thick and fast.
    I'm fascinated by the lancers. They look like those Lancier-gendarmes who were a bit of a feature in the Peninsula, or so I understand.
    Best regards
    WM

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's basically what I've painted them as - 'Lancier-gendarme (Espagne, 1813)'

      Delete
  2. Could be an interesting scenario, probably very quick to play but at least the French look good!

    ReplyDelete
  3. It is an interesting thought, isn't it?

    ReplyDelete