Assyrian army

Assyrian army

Saturday 25 January 2020

Garrison/Rose cavalry comparison.

Once I've 'finished' the Garrison Napoleonic forces I will (probably) do a couple of Rose armies. However, I had already done (years ago - hence better paint job) some Rose hussars so thought it might be useful to post a comparison between the two.
There is a very definite size difference, not helped by the fact that Garrison horses have their own base while the Rose horses are attached directly to the element base.

Different colour bases due to running out of the colour I normally use!

Will I use them in a 'mixed' army? Don't know - fact is, Garrison doesn't have many heavy cavalry, Rose much better in that area, likewise no Garrison French artillerymen available - and I'll use Rose guns for both anyway.






2 comments:

  1. But when everything is arrayed on the table, slight differences in size and heft between units are much less noticeable.

    Best Regards,

    Stokes

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. True, it will be good to see how they compare then.

      Delete