Assyrian army

Assyrian army

Sunday 26 January 2020

Napoleonic Lifeguards

First of the British cavalry units.
No British horses available so having to use French ones.

The horse has been painted as a bit of a mish-mash. Bit of a mix of Life Guard and Scots Greys...

Figure itself is not carrying a carbine so possibly meant to be an officer - not something I'm going to worry about too much!



Meanwhile, been thinking about this figure. Instead of considering it to be a Life Guard figure, I 've decided to look on it as a basic Carabineer figure - which would enable me to produce heavy cavalry for a number of different armies. May not be totally accurate but should 'look' right.

May be a while before I get my next unit finished - number of work sessions has trebled in last couple of weeks as I get back into work so going to have fewer painting days. Still, pays well and gets me out of the house.

3 comments:

  1. Dynamic and colorful, nice job!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You're spot on I that they'd make a great Belgian Carabinier - they've already got no sabretache (I believe the British Life Guards had them - in fact most, if not all, British cavalry had them). The rolled cloak looks better on them than on LG's and the French saddles are probably pretty close to what they used. I did wonder about the plumes but that's probably fine too - the only quibble are the epaulettes which possibly should be fringed but that can be dome with a paint job. All in all they're better as Belgian Carabiners than Life Guard!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks - nice to have confirmation that an idea/thought is viable. I'm going to have to do a lot of fudging to get reasonable cavalry forces together - especially for the Prussians, Russians and Austrians. Which doesn't leave many others!

      Delete