Assyrian army

Assyrian army

Monday 6 January 2020

Lamming British Horse Artillery

Back in the early 70s my friends at Uni bought me some wargames figures for my birthday, including a couple of Lamming artillery crews. The French foot artillery are... somewhere... and the British crew are here. No idea where the guns are, so the gun here is a Rose offering.
Haven't removed all of the dust off the figures yet!

Untouched figures painted nearly 50 years ago. Well, not the gun of course.

Rose gun, like these because they are a good 'clean' design.

Looking at the Garrison 20mm catalogues I can't find any record of them producing 20mm artillery crews - but the figures exist- I'll post better pictures when these are painted.
Meanwhile, still going through the Garrison 20mm figures - lots of different and easily cast attack march, few other infantry poses but not many officers/standard bearers.


11 comments:

  1. The Lamming figures are fantastic. Nice gun too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Marvellous!
    I'm very excited about the Garrison artillery detachments!
    Best wishes
    WM

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. G&B seem to have had some 1815 figures due to go and I think artllery were part of it. I would like to make the artillery figures available for people - as I said, don't think they were ever issued.

      Delete
  3. Some French artillery crew would be very welcome.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Haven't identified any yet, but still looking.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Very nicely painted figures! It clearly shows through the decades of dust.

    Best Regards,

    Stokes

    ReplyDelete
  6. I think they deserve long service medals.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Probaby - but the paint job would be beyond me today.

      Delete
  7. Lovely fellows, great to see these veterans.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you - they really do deserve an army to be with.

      Delete