Assyrian army

Assyrian army

Thursday 2 January 2020

Garrison 20mm Napoleonics

At the moment there is some ongoing discussion about the Garrison and Rose Napoleonic Ranges. The Garrison figures in particular were quite a large range (or ranges!) but not very well documented. Certainly, not much about them on the Eastern Garrison (?)

So I've been looking around - I've actually got quite a few moulds, lots of actual, figures already cast and some photos on the hard drive of my computer. The moulds, cast figures and photos don't match up fully... plus there are very few cavalry figures around... so anyway - these photos are what I've got in photos, most of which I labelled! More as a reminder to myself as I tried to sort everything out! Not all the ones here are 'available' in cast figures or moulds (though probably findable) - as I said, lots of chaos in the Napoleonic field!

Note where a figure code has 72/73/75 at the start I've put those in - they represent the year of the catalogue  I 'found' it in! Obviously, FN is French, BN British, RN Russian, AN Austrian.












8 comments:

  1. Great photos thanks - some of these figures are real gems.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Some of them are tempting. If NapoleoN had survived and expanded their range then... they were nice people with nice figures totally compatible with the Garrison 20mm Napoleonics.

      Delete
  2. Yes, thank you! Really nice figures.

    Best Regards,

    Stokes

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lovely range Rob but the ones I remember were sculpted later and had interchangeable heads. The figures were French infantry and were probably John Braithewaites best work, well in my opinion they were. I actually came first in the painting competition at Northern Militaire with a unit of them. Sadly they are now long gone.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Garrison did several Napoleonic ranges... strangely, non of interchangeable heads so that's a new one to me.

      Northern Militaire... memories...

      Delete
  4. Figures still look good. And you've been Tango'd on TMP.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. He posts quite a few of mine on TMP -I'm happy with that, never been one of those that are against him.

      Delete