Assyrian army

Assyrian army

Saturday 6 June 2020

Corps VIII Garrison Indians

These figures are actually on one of my production moulds - and the figures had already been cast, just never painted.
Think I regressed back to an earlier rules age than I intended - stuck them on 20mm deep bases instead of 30mm. Not going to worry about it.

The figure is a bit of a WRG composite - short skirt of Greek Wars, head fillet and big sword of Macedonian and Punic Wars! Seemed like a fair compromise.

Figures themselves are a bit iffy in places - the bow arm especially.
Simple figures to paint, does the job and fills in a gap. Original WRG lists gave a maximum of 10 MI  figures (going by memory with this, please don't quote me) - shieldless, bow armed, double armed so bit more expensive - plus 25 points command. About one of the least cost effective units in the army - so not used much back then (I had 30 Minifigs archers plus 10 light javelinmen anyway).

These days, don't have to worry about limited unit sizes or command points so they may have a proportionately greater involvement in future battles.

Assessment? - So so figures useful for the Garrison Achaemenid army, but not about to create a full Indian army - my PB Indian army will do that job quite nicely thank you. Plus I also have a Warrior and plastic Indian DBA army - though the 'official' owner of that army is my son Steven.

As a postscript - my lead hasn't arrived yet so I checked up on it. Seems it should have arrived on Monday or Tuesday but the wrong postcode was transcribed on the package and I didn't get it. Delivery now expected next Monday/Tuesday. Which means time I was expecting to be spending casting will simply be spent on painting and converting instead...

2 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. That base universal archer figure has proved to be very useful in lots of ways.

      Delete