Assyrian army

Assyrian army

Monday 3 August 2020

Corps IXM Aeolian Greeks - ex Charles Grant

Aeolia is an area in Northern Greece. Tribes in that area were not noted for hoplites and the later Aetolian League in Northern Greece fielded and army consisting of mainly light infantry and peltasts with very few hoplites or cavalry. Thinking about it, I decided to bring some of the Grant figures back into active serve - so I'm going to use a lot of the Grant Greek lights as Aetolian League army, but also to provide the Aeolian contingent of Xerxes army.
Quite a few of the Charles Grant figures I have are in 'The Ancient Wargame'

Not sure whether the figures in this picture are the same as the ones I'm putting in today - but could be and the Aetolian army almost certainly will include some or all of these!

I've put them as Ax rather than Ps but of course have enough to decide that on the day of any battles anyway.

Neat command group - think that's meant to be a trumpet!


Like the paintwork on the shields.






4 comments:

  1. Nothing wrong with the pedigree!

    Looks like a trumpet to me. A turn of the head to face it would have made it more obvious but I wouldn't do it now!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You lucky so and so Rob, please tell me you have the elephants as well.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've got 3 of them plus loads of other figures - including all the chariots and figures on the front of the book.
    See https://easterngarrison.blogspot.com/2014/10/grant-elephants-and-to-do-lists.html for the elephants, but for the rest they'e listed on the Labels menu - back in 2014.

    ReplyDelete