Assyrian army

Assyrian army

Wednesday 5 August 2020

Corps XV, the Pactyans, XVI Utians and Mycians and XVII Paricanians...

Another unit done as per the nominal Caspians...

To a certain extent it's more a matter of how many units I want to cast and paint - do I try and do separate figures to represent all 30 infantry, 10 marine and 9 cavalry Corps/units? Or do I settle for a uniform/unit type and say one unit represents four different Corps which share a common dress? Also, how close do I stick to the book? - some units such as the Libyans and Phrygians are already 'Garrison' based uniforms rather than Armies of the Greek and Persian Wars.

For this unit I've added decorations to both tunic and cloaks. I think it does look good.

With one unit of Ps and one of 3Bw so far it leaves a possible 2 units left to do. To keep diversity going I'll probably do another unit of each but leave them plain. At least, that's the current plan - by the time I get to doing it, things could be very different.

Figures on the current batch of moulds are proving very difficult to cast - so my painting output is being reduced at the moment simply due to spending more time casting. By now I should have had all the figures I needed from this mould - barely started!

2 comments:

  1. The decoration to the cloaks is great. Well worth doing.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm inclined to agree though next two will probably be plain just to make the different contingents distiguishable from each other.

      Delete