Assyrian army

Assyrian army

Friday 28 August 2020

Corps XVIII - Some 'traditional' Ethiopians.

Getting to be one of the better represented Corps as both the Arabs and Ethiopians have already been done.

However, the Ethiopians were painted my standard chocolate brown and kept their ostrich plume... so I thought I might as well do some that matched the ones in Greek and Persian Wars - black skin colour and no plumes...
All conversions of PEA5,  the Nubian auxiliary

Easy paint job - these figures can be churned out very quickly.

However, do they look better than the 'original' versions I painted? - Personally, don't think so, I prefer the chocolate brown version over the black version.





4 comments:

  1. I like the added contrast with the darker chaps as opposed to the lighter one where the rings on their skins are flesh coloured. However, both colours are reasonable depending on where they were from.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. From my point of view, the deciding factor is the fact that there is no contrast between the skin colour and hair colour. However, I may try some where I leave the plume and do them a bit like the Minifigs Sudanese style - wearing a sort of 'cap' - https://easterngarrison.blogspot.com/2019/02/s-range-sudanese.html .

      Delete