Assyrian army

Assyrian army

Tuesday 18 August 2020

Corps VI Lycia

I've always liked the Lycian Corps - it's quirky.
Finally got enough of the archer figure to make up a unit/Corps.

The main figure is simply the armoured Greek archer with a head swap and added goatskin cloak.The standard is from the Rose Egyptian standard bearer.

I wasn't happy about the other variant I did, plus even fewer of them were coming out. I settled for putting them on separate bases so that, if needed, I could field an eight base/24 figure unit.

The 'original' conversion attempt didn't make it to the production mould - never liked my attempts, still like the pose but I've got the unit I need now so...

Of course I already had some Lycians - Minifigs figures with a 25mm converted Garrison standard bearer - I picked up the idea from a John Tuckey figure seen at one of his convention displays! I generally prefer these figures to my current conversions. I also painted them better. Especially the cloak.



No comments:

Post a Comment