Assyrian army

Assyrian army

Wednesday 12 August 2020

Grant Hinchliffe Persian army Review

'My' Grant collection doesn't include all his figures, it just includes Hinchliffe Persians and some Byzantines plus Garrison Persians and Greeks - quite a  lot I don't have, mainly the Assyrians, obviously Byzatines and (I assume) Sassanids - but includes enough so that  over the next few days I should be able to include a few more Grant 'Reviews'.
In all, these are quite a substantial force in their own right.

This out-of-place shot is because a unit was left off the original photo shoot - so I've added this one to update things!

Right wing cavalry - the heavy cavalry in the middle of the back row are actually Sassanids rather than Achaemenids, so good job I just put the title as 'Persian'. And also, together with having some Byzantines, the reason I feel he must have had a full Sassanid army...

Chariots and infantry - nothing else to say that hasn't already been said about these.

And finally20 left wing light cavalry.

4 comments:

  1. These are wonderful Rob, especially the Persian light cavalry. I can feel myself going green with envy.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think I've mentioned before that I often feel that I own one or more chocolate factories!

      Delete
  2. Back in the day of - "You get one pose, and be happy about that!" Thanks for sharing these. I ruminate about my collection now as Covid and age start to make using the collection less or even impossible. It is nice to see Charles Grant's legacy being preserved.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's nice at my age to just have them and be able to set them up every now and then! Figures like these go right back to the start of my own collecting days you can't put a price on it.

      Delete