Assyrian army

Assyrian army

Monday 24 August 2020

Corps XXIII - Another use for Phrygians...

... As the Lydian component of Corps XXIII.

The Phrygian figure is a good enough example for 'in Greek dress'.
Acting as 'pre-hoplite spearmen' this was the first complete unit of Phrygians I painted - as shown by the better than current paint job plus the fact that I tried the dip on them.

Must admit I like the colour scheme on these figures.
Must do some more Phrygians at some stage - got plenty of unpainted figures, for example about 50 unpainted ones were included in one of my batches from Harry!

2 comments:

  1. I like the painting on these.

    You could wind the clock back and build a Phyrgian army to resist the Persian Emoire, Briefly...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well, 5 years ago they beat the Lydians.
      https://easterngarrison.blogspot.com/2015/05/lydia-v-phrygia-dba.html

      Delete