Assyrian army

Assyrian army

Sunday 23 August 2020

Corps XXI, Ligyes, Mariandeni and Cappadocians.

Having used the Grant Persians for Corps XX and Phrygians for Corps XXII it left Corps XXI.
Wanting this Corps to have a different feel from Corps XX so I've made them a bit 'brighter'.

Which takes longer to paint but looks pretty good really. Though taking the picture with too much light at their back doesn't really show that off.

Quick comparison with Corps XX - Grant really seemed to like that mauve colour for hs Persians!

And likewise completely different to the supposed similar Corps XXII - but when you've got a figure described in the catalogue as Phrygian, and which looks more like my own view on how a Phrygian should look... To be honest, I feel that I should have worked out how to justify more Corps using these figures!


4 comments:

  1. I must admit Rob, the Phrygians were amongst my favourites from the Garrison ancient range. Wasnt there a Phyrigian hoplite type as well? Anyway keep going, I find it very inspiring.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The bottom figure is the nearest to a hoplite - in the 25mm range they also did a figure dressed like this but holding a spear in an upright pose - is that the one you mean?

      Delete