Assyrian army

Assyrian army

Tuesday 25 August 2020

Grant Garrison Persian army Review.

As I've already started rebasing some of the Grant Greeks I thought I would start extending the project a bit to rebase more of the collection - and the Garrison Persians being the smaller of the individual forces thought I'd best start there.
Nice to be able to get all the figures in one shot - easily.

Right wing cavalry, PEC6 Cataphract in front of PEC4.

I haven't got much of the infantry, just two units... I assume the Immortals were sold on when the Hinchliffe Immortals were bought.

A mix of cataphracts and PEC3 in front of more cataphracts. Not sure how or why I got all the cataphracts mixed in with the front unit except that 2 figures were'spare' and completed the PEC3 command unit...

I think that this is my favourite Grant Garrison Persian unit. Bit of a mouthfull.

Strangely, not all of the Grant figures were Grant figures. The one with the javelin is one of mine... You may have recognised the figure... I think Harry didn't have enough figures when he based them for his own use and added a sample I sent him! That palamino horse colour seems to be a Harry Pearson trademark...
 The PE3 infantry figures have already be allocated to the 'Xerxes Army' set, it will be interesting to see if I make any use of these in future.

4 comments:

  1. Lovely Rob. Like you I particularly like the cataphract unit.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very nice Rob...
    I also like the cataphracts...

    All the best. Aly

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you. Might paint up a few myself...

      Delete