Assyrian army

Assyrian army

Monday 3 August 2020

Corps VI Assyrians and Chaldaeans

In this case represented by a couple of units of PEA2, the Assyrian in full mail, spear, shield and bow in case..

This unit is one of my original 1970 units - back then 16 man units were pretty standard in my armies.


Another of Harry's units. I assume the figure in blue has been painted that way to represent an officer.


Originally a 40 strong unit, a couple of figures are missing part of the spear and one is missing - so I put these three figures together.

4 comments:

  1. Really like the combo of spear, bow and shield. Very much a figure that means business...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, pity it's inaccurate... my 1970s Persians always had the full combo - used to to be quite effective! One advantage of solo, of course, is that you can go with 'like' over'realistic'.

      Delete