Assyrian army

Assyrian army

Wednesday 12 August 2020

PE4 an update

Last time I'd run out of bases so these were still on the original ex-Harry bases.

New bases arrived so just updating the entry...

In most cases these should really be on 4Ax bases but my main intention is to use them as 4Sp.

Having said that, solo and own rule variations mean I could still treat them as 4Bw for distance shooting and 4Sp for contact combat.

Although the figure is a bit smaller that a lot of the range and don't really match 'real' historically accurate figures, they are very useful as far as my purposes are concerned..

4 comments:

  1. They may not suit modern ideas but to me they fit Herodotus's description to a tee, apart from their fishscale armour which always suggested polish iron scales to me.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's me putting the wrong code... it's PE4, not PE3, must change title of blog...

      Delete
  2. This is how I always imagined the Persian hordes Rob, colourful and many.Well done.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No well done for me! - this is all Harry's work!

      Delete